Phvrvohxo is a 27-year-old Jamaica-based photographer. “I've been shooting film for 4 years now ever since I started to work on a cruise line. I decided to shoot film to document my time in Europe in hopes to also better my photography.”
Phvrvohxo is now coming to share with us some reasons that make him still love shooting film.
1. What I love about film is the nostalgic feel you get looking at the photos. Makes you feel like you're actually there sometimes.
2. Ever since I started shooting film I've become a more relaxed photographer. I take my time in taking my photos because I rather have quality photos instead of having a huge quantity of unattractive photos. You learn how to compose your photographs better. Sometimes it will take me weeks to finish one roll but I’m always trying to seek that perfect shot.
3. The textures you get on your images if you do it like how I do it from home they give the photos a nice retro vibe. I know there are apps now for mobile phones but they end up looking all the same never able to replicate the texture you get from scanning at home.
4. Its always a surprise when you get your rolls developed. After weeks of shooting rolls not being able to see them on a LCD immediately you're totally taken away into a deep nostalgic memory to try and remember when and where you took that pick. It's always fun for me.
5. The development stage is what really excites me at the moment. As much as I love shooting I get excited knowing that I'm going to come home to play with some chemistry like I'm Walter White from Breaking Bad. From the smell of the chemicals to the magic that happens as the photos appear on the film I can truly say right now that this is my favorite part about analog photography.
See more of his work at: