Benoît Linder is a French photographer, living and working in Strasbourg. “Although, I use digital cameras for my work (corporate, portrait, stage), I still love using films cameras for my personal work. I do still process and print all my B&W films myself. So here below are 5 main reasons that keep me love shooting film.”
1. Shooting film allows me to slow me down. I feel less like working and it is easier to get in contact with people when they notice you have a vintage Rolleiflex, they might also be more open to be photographed.
2. Negatives and slides are really beautiful in themselves. I love watching them, holding them... It's a very sensual experience and of course they are unique!
3. Film cameras are strong characters, choosing one, means struggling with its limitations and, if I am lucky and inspired, I might be come up with a really interesting result.
4. Mistakes, especially while printing in the darkroom, are to be cherished because they help me being more creative. Printing is like playing music, it's like trying to get the best out of sheet music and sometimes it works, sometimes not. Anyway, you're always getting better at it!
5. I love watching prints, B&W ones made in the darkroom. Each one is unique, just like a human being.
See more of his work at his website.