28-year-old Chile-based photographer Hernan Castro has been shooting film for almost two years and had his work featuring on Shooting Film two months ago.
He has a lot of reasons to love shooting on film and wants to share with us his main 5 things.
1. Romanticism. The romantic and nostalgic love film camera usage.
2. Solid memories. It is very easy to lose your files with digital technology however analogue photography in your rolls last forever, if you lose the digital file still have the stored physical file which can recover anytime.
3. Surprise. You never know what will come out of your trip, if you use a camera without meter (like my Smena cameras) calculate your instinct and what will come in the negative is a surprise.
4. The colours. Although I shot most of the time in black and white, when using colour film, the tones are impressive. Something that digital photography has not ever achieved.
5. Multiple exposure. I love that photographic style, multiple exposure is a way in which I never want to leave. It is a level of infinite creativity.
See more of his work at his photostream on Flickr.