Florida-based fine-art photographer Erika Masterson has been shooting on both film and digital, especially with 4x5 film format. She has had her work featuring on Shooting Film last month and now coming back to share with us the reasons that make her still love shooting film.
1. I love the depth that black and film has. Digitally you'd have to do a lot of manipulation to get the same effect but the film is still better!
2. I love the tones that film has.
3. I love the imperfectness of film.
4. I love the difficulty and challenge of film. You mess up, you have to start over.
5. I love how film slows you down. It makes you have to be thoughtful in each shot.
See more of her work at: