St. Petersburg-based photographer Vladimir Amagachan started shooting film for over 7 years ago, and has been shooting nature and portrait on both medium and large formats. He just joined with us in a film photography project last month and now coming back to share some interesting reasons that explain why shooting film is always his hobby.
1. The first thing why I love to shoot on film is surprise when you get your film from lab. If you shoot on film you don't know what exactly you will get in the end.
2. Film give you natural look of the subject. More soft and artistic way.
3. I'm working as motion designer and all my works primarily are digital. So I've just got little bit tired from digital images and I have found in film.
4. It is more cheaper than get digital back. If you shoot on large format 4x5 inch camera you will get super high resolution photos and it's almost impossible to get from usual digital back per one frame. Only in multi-shot mode.
5. Film is more robust and electrically independent also. You can shoot in extreme temperatures. Winter in Russia is very cold. Really cold. Batteries is freezes and don't work. When I shot on Sumatra, Indonesia, my panoramic Hasselblad Xpan camera fell down from my backpack to the road while I drove motorcycle. Thanks to titan body camera just got some scratches. So yes film process is more independent than digital.
See more of his work at: