27-year-old French photographer Marie-Julie Gascon has been photographing for about 10 years, but has just begun shooting film, and had her work featuring on Shooting Film last month.
Marie-Julie has many reasons to love film photography, and today she wants to share her 5 main things.
1. It transports me in another temporality. Slow and calm . It extracts myself for a moment from the rest of the hurry world.
2. Films are like a travel where you do not control the destination.
3. With film you are making more than a simple picture, you are telling a story.
4. It's a link with my father who showed me the world of film and analogue cameras.
5. I like the texture, the sound and flavour of film and analogue cameras.
See more of her work at her Tumblr.