25-year-old Poland-based photographer Michał Sałatkiewicz shot a lot of amazing fine-art pictures and had his work just featuring on Shooting Film last month.
He has many reasons to keep his love on shooting film and would like to share with us 5 main things today.
1. I enjoy the unexpectedness of shooting on film very much. I would probably never imagine a shot and see exactly the same picture as a result. That is why I rarely plan anything I shoot. I prefer to do it rather more intuitively.
2. I simply like the quality of the film, it has a unique atmosphere which, in my opinion, digital photography lacks.
3. It lets you experiment a little with different soaks, but can be tricky; you can either create something really beautiful or completely destroy your film when you try a new one. It gives the feeling that I really have some kind of tangible creative power.
4. I often use (and love) the multiple exposure method. This is probably the most exciting part for me, possibility to mix couple images into one vision.
5. The longest moment in the whole process of shooting on film - going to the lab to see what actually is on your roll.
See more of his work at: