Eric van Rijsingen is a 27-year-old Dutch photographer, based-in Arnhem. He first got into photography at the age of 18, and has been shooting on medium and large formats mostly.
Eric who was just featured on Shooting Film for more than 1 month now coming back to share reasons why he still love shooting film.
1. The aesthetic quality of film. I just love film grain, and the natural look of photographs taken on film.
2. Having high quality negatives I can hold and admire. I need them in order to experiment with old contact printing methods.
3. I love the way film smells, and feels. I guess working with film involves a big part of nostalgia.
4. Not seeing the results right away is great. Having to really work for that one great photo and then being patient until seeing how it came out.
5. Film gives me the opportunity to put my own 'signature' on my photos, something that can't be easily duplicated.
See more of his work at: