Kurt K Gledhill is an English photographer, living and working in Okayama, Japan. He started photographing for 5 years ago, but just fell in love with film for around 1 year now, since then has been shooting on film mostly.
Kurt was featured once on Shooting Film in August. He has a lot of reasons to keep his passion on shooting film and he would like to share with us some of them.
1. Shopping for and trying out lots of different kinds and types of film stock such as: Colour negative, colour slide film, black and white, Fujifilm, Kodak, Agfa, Ilford, etc.
2. That wonderful smell when you open a fresh roll of film and the joy and pleasure of loading it into your camera.
3. The surprise magic that happens when you manage to catch the beginning and the end of the film roll.
4. The excitement of going to pick up your freshly developed film from the lab and looking at the images for the first time.
5. That amazing grain that you just cannot replicate with digital no matter how hard you try.
See more of his work at: