Jenő was featured on our website last month. He has many reasons to love shooting film and here are 5 main things he wants to share with us.
1. The amazing B&W tonality. Maybe there is someone who is able to digitize the tones of black and white film, I could not. But I was experimenting a lot...
2. The fact that the picture is not immediately visible after shooting gives a huge portion of extra excitement, which excitement culminates, when I pull out the developed negatives from the spool of the developing tank. Can not get bored of it!
3. The film slows me down, sometimes I get almost meditative mood when I'm taking pictures. I must think before shooting. This is very different from shooting digital.
4. There is no automatic. The full control is mine, nothing stands between me and the pictures. This also means of course that if something has gone wrong, it is my fault.
5. The whole developing process. It's a little rite, I love the smell, the sound, the familiar gestures in the dark.
See more of his work at his photostream on Flickr.