Yuli Aquino is a 22-year-old Brazil-based photographer who joined with us in few film photography projects before and now coming back to share some interesting reasons that make her still love shooting film.
1. I must be careful when I photograph with film. Every shot is chosen for not just waste my film, not like the digital camera that I just need delete if I don't like it. In some way I get more appreciations with what I'm looking to photograph. It's all about discipline maybe.
2. The expectation when I send to develop. I haven't did it by myself yet, but when I'm about to get it finished, I never know what I'm about to see it. It's such a wonderful experience for every film shot.
3. The grain. The texture every film has. Every photo gets a beauty just with the grain of the film and I'm just so in love.
4. The nostalgic feels while using an analogue camera, doesn't matter the type of the camera.
5. I will never get the same result of the object that I want to photograph with the digital. The charm of the film it's insuperable.
See more of her work at: