Michael Behlen is an American photographer, based-in Fresno, CA. He started photographing some years ago with mostly his Polaroid cameras and expired instant films.
Michael who has just been featured on our website last month has a lot of reasons to love keeping his work on instant film and he would like to share with us 5 main things.
1. It makes me feel connected to the medium I am shooting physically.
2. The instant gratification of instant film is the best feeling in the world, until you run out of shots that is!
3. The community of film shooters is a lot different from digital ones. There is collaboration and support.
4. The process feels raw. Something that could flow through your veins.
5. Grain and imperfections make my images one of a kind. The happy accidents I experience are overwhelmingly positive and exciting.
See more of his work at: