Emma Brown is a 24-year-old America-based photographer who is living in Ohio. She started shooting film for 5 years ago and was just featured on Shooting Film once last month.
Emma has been shooting on both instant and 35mm films. She has many reasons to love working with them and here are 5 main things she would like to share with us.
1. Shooting film is an outlet for my anxiety, stress, and depression, and it feels so good.
2. The smell of the film is perfect
3. In a day where people take thousands of photos everyday it is really sobering to focus on what you are photographing and think about the intentions and reasons behind why you are shooting what you are.
4. Loading the film into the camera makes me feel like Francesca Woodman
5. The unique colour. I love the colour from the technicolour films in movies (think the Wizard of Oz) There is something so nostalgic about that colour that is so calming that you will never get from a digital camera or any editing of any kind.
See more of her work at her photostream on Flickr.