Ulia Chang is a Taiwan-based photographer who is living in Taipei. She started shooting film for about 2 years ago, since then has never stopped.
Ulia just joined with us in a film photography project on Shooting Film last month. She has a lot of reasons to always love shooting film and here are 5 main things she wants to share with us.
1. The grain of film feels like the air has been frozen, it makes us feel like we are in that moment by looking the picture.
2. The tones of the film are very beautiful, let me focus more on my creative shooting and not have to worry about post process too much.
3. The uncertainty of the film makes me look forward to the developed result. Even if most of the results are unsatisfied, if one picture is perfect, it will make me very happy.
4. The technical failure during the development of the film, might sometimes add extra effects on the result, if makes me look forward to the unexpected results.
5. Holding those film cans after shooting, feels like holding a present, even if I did not have any fan during the shooting trip, holding the films I shot still give me satisfaction.
See more of her work at: