Ja-Shang Tang is a Taiwan-based photographer who is living in Taipei. He works on both film and digital, and his photography focuses mainly portrait always.
Ja-Shang was just featured on Shooting Film last month and today coming back to share his work in another project called 5 things I love about Film.
1. I like to use film to shoot back-lit portrait, which is popular with a Japanese film director. Influenced by Shunji Iwai, psychedelic dream of light, poetic cinema, shooting to create a romantic atmosphere by against the light will be fascinating.
2. Only 36 shots in each film roll makes you focus in your heart when taking a picture.
3. Waiting for photo developing process is expected, when the results come out are always exciting.
4. Each film has their own personality and be able to taste. By this way, I am fascinated by the place of film.
5. I like the sound of camera shutter, the taste of the film, and pretending the feeling of film.
See more of his work at: