Ray Zandvoort is a Dutch freelance photographer who is living and working in Amsterdam. He has been shooting mostly portrait and fashion with both analogue and digital cameras.
Ray has just been featured on our website. He has a lot of reasons to keep his passion on shooting film, and here are 5 main ones he wants to share with us.
1. I just love the vintage feeling you get from film photography and the beautiful cameras they made back then.
2. The fun in trying out different films and cameras. The outcome is so much different with each combination. The possibilities are endless.
3. Unlike digital you don't make 10 photos of one setting and choose the best one. You need to get it right in one shot.
4. You learn a lot from shooting with analogue cameras. You really need to take the time and get the settings right before you make the shot.
5. Don't get me wrong, I love digital photography as well and playing around with all kinds of editing software. The outcome is what counts. But with film photography I get that special feeling. Film photography is art.
See more of his work at: