Kathrin Huter is a Germany based-photographer. She started photographing on film for 4 years ago and has never stopped this passion.
Kathrin who was featured on Shooting Film once in April, 2015 now coming back with us in another project to share reasons that make her still love shooting film.
1. You never know what you'll get. You have to wait for the results until the photos are developed. The outcome is always a surprise, even if you develop the film yourself. That's very exciting!
2. There are many ways to experiment with film and that's a lot of fun. I mostly shoot slide film and I am pretty much into cross processing. I love the intense colours and the high contrast.
3. Film is gorgeous. I love the colours, some grain and the vintage look.
4. Analogue photography makes you think a lot more. Only having 36 photos on a roll forces me to carefully select the scenes before shooting. Besides, my old Pentax camera has a built in light meter, but it does not work. That's why I always have to think about the lighting conditions.
5. Film photography is more authentic. My photos are not digitally enhanced or manipulated.
See more of her work at her Tumblr.