Callum McCormack is a 21-year-old Canadian photographer and filmmaker who is studying and living in Calgary. He was first interested in film photography in high school, since then has never stopped this passion.
Callum has just been featured on Shooting Film for nearly 1 month. He has a lot of reasons to still love shooting film and he wants to share with us his 5 main things.
1. Film creates more opportunity for mistakes and failures. This keeps you on your toes and makes shooting more exciting.
2. It feels human and organic because of the texture and inconsistency. Film has a flesh that you tattoo with light.
3. There is just an aura about film that feels more honest. It gives you the freedom to step outside the scary world of photoshopped perfection.
4. Shooting film is like meditating. It clears your mind and helps you practice patience.
5. It's a breath of fresh air, and it's very addicting. Film is a healthy drug that I would recommend to everyone. It gives you a unique taste of the world and makes you smarter, unlike digital HDR photos which are scientifically proven to eat your brain cells.
See more of his work at: