Zuzana Pištová is a 25-year-old Slovakian photographer, based-in Banská Bystrica (Slovakia) and Erembodegem (Belgium). She first got into photography some years ago with a digital camera, and has been shooting film for one and a half year “when I found my dad's old camera in one of our wardrobes.”
Zuzana has just graduated German and Cultural studies at Palacky University in Olomouc, Czech Republic. She has many reasons to always love shooting film and here are 5 main things that she would like to share with us.
1. Film photography taught me to be patient and to think before I take pictures. You can't delete anything, you don't know if the exposure is right, the film has only 36 pictures and you have to wait a few days, until they develop the pictures for you in the shop.
2. I love the colours of film photography, no digital camera can do the trick.
3. The aesthetic look of analogue cameras, they are simply beautiful.
4. The pictures you take that are real pictures, They don't consist of pixels, they can't be simulated by any program and taking really good pictures demands a lot of practice.
5. My camera is often my only companion, when I look for quiet places for a walk to clear my head.
See more of her work at: