Matteo Massimo Santoni is a 46-year-old Italian information technician, also a photographer from Verona. He stared to be interested in photography when he was 20 and since then has shot on film mostly.
Matteo who has just been featured on Shooting Film has some reasons to make him still love shooting film and here are 5 main things he would like to share with us.
1. You must think what you're doing. Because you can't see the result of what you're doing... and there's only 36 shoot in a film (8 shoot in a medium format). This is a kind of meditation.
2. The grain of a chemical process is totally different from the grain of digital. Comparing analogue vs digital is like comparing rice vs iron filings.
3. The colour of film is unique. It takes several steps of post processing (e.g. in light room) to give a digital Image the same evocative aspect (colour and grain).
4. At the end it's always a surprise to see what you've done, it's like opening gifts!
5. The conscience of doing something that has no economic and technological developments allows you to be free on artistic aspect of what you doing.
See more of his work at: