Mandi then had a brief relationship with digital but couldn't get into it because of her big love for analogue photography, “so I decided to put all of my energy into film in February of 2014.” She has a lot of reasons to keep her passion on shooting film, and here are 5 main things she would like to share with us.
1. The patience. I love how much patience goes into shooting manually on a film camera. It is an art. It's rewarding getting film scans back and seeing how much dedication went into painting that perfect photo.
2. The surprise. Waiting for film scans to come back is half the fun for me. Sometimes, I even forget that I dropped some rolls off and when I get the e-mail with the zip file it's like Christmas morning.
3. The authenticity. The grain and antiqueness of a film photo draw me to film photography more than anything.
4. The endless possibilities. There are so many film cameras to experiment with. Box cameras, rangefinders, SLRs, etc. It's fun finding a cheap camera at a thrift store and learning it's from 1965, yet it still produces the most amazing photos.
5. The versatility. I love how I can shoot photos of anything and film makes it look extraordinary. People, animals, furniture, landscape, indoors, outdoors...,it's amazing how much you can do with film photography.
See more of her work at: