Jola Lisicka is a 23-year-old Polish photographer who took a camera for the first time about 2 years ago. “It was the old Zenit of my aunt, but unfortunately it went out of work after two films. But still, it was like love at first sight so I started to look for a new one immediately. My choice: Praktica! I have two of them: Praktica TL 1000 and Praktica MTL 50. We are inseparable.”
Jola has been shooting on film only. she has a lot of reasons to keep her passion on shooting film, and 5 main things of them she would like to share with us.
1. Respect. Analogue cameras teach us respect for every shot, every roll of film and every single frame. Before I press the button I need to be sure that it's the perfect moment and the right composition.
2. Patience. The return from the journey is not the end. Now all we need is patience. When you can finally see what you've captured on the film, you feel as if you visited these places again.
3. Magic. None of the best digital cameras with a set of lenses and filters can give you the magic of film photography.
4. Unforeseeability. Even if seemingly something went wrong , it doesn't mean a broken picture. I love these surprises after developing the film. Sometimes it turns out that there is nothing wrong and someone just walked on the moon.
5. Design. Since I'm a big fan of vintage items I could not fail to mention the obvious: beautiful design of film camera. To be in possession of this gem is such an amazing experience. As if I held a piece of history in my hand.
See more of her work at: