Ruediger Beckmann is a German photographer, based-in Hamburg. He has been working seriously as a freelance photographer since 1998, and shoots mostly portrait on film.
Ruediger who has just been featured on Shooting Film is also a graphic designer. He has a lot of reasons to always love shooting film, and here are 5 main things that he would like to share with us.
1. I love that analogue means visible, tangible light.
2. I love that every handler in each process leaves his traces.
3. I love that a broken shot doesn't mean unsuccessful. And that the complete picture may be more than the sum of its parts.
4. I love that you may encounter an exposure you didn't plan for, and it turns out so much better than what you would have ever anticipated.
5. I love that the power of coincidence lets you combine the spirits of Hamburg and Vienna in one picture. Or that the river may sometimes help your film in pre-developing if you ditch your camera.
See more of his work at: