Ivar Wigan is a 35-year-old Scottish photographer, based-in London. He started photographing for a long time ago, and mostly on film.
Ivar who has just been featured on our website loves to travel and take photos of rare, especial moments and places. He has a lot of reasons to love shooting film and would like to share with us his 5 main ones.
1. The film we shoot today has been engineered over generations to give us the colours that we love. The colour of digital images has no truth in it.
2. Film has grain and texture. Digital is flat.
3. Film lives in my draw. Digital files only exist as long as the device they are stored on.
4. Film shows people at their best. Digital shows peoples flaws. This is because the grain softens and disguises the detail of skin. Digital highlights every blemish.
5. Film is real. Digital is fake.
See more of his work at: