Morgan Lugo is an American photographer, from Los Angeles. He shoots mostly nature and portrait with film only.
Morgan who has just been featured on Shooting Film has many reasons to keep his love for shooting film, and here are 5 main things that he would like to share with us.
1. Aesthetically, I find film so magical. It's intrinsically imperfect and at the same time able to capture, in my opinion, more detail that's overlooked at first. The hidden imperfections of life.
2. Film forces me to take my time and meditate on everything around me, allowing space for something truly magical and fleeting to be captured.
3. I use film as a springboard for my own creativity in the editing process. Many times a specific colour or detail that's produced in the darkroom inspires me to alter it or translate it into something more when editing. It's harder for me to get this reaction with digital RAW images that come out relatively characterless.
4. I love the smell of film. I don't know what that says about me, but every time I open a new roll of film, I can't resist the temptation to put my nose to it and take in it’s fragrance. There's nothing like it.
5. Through the act of handling something tangible, like film, and going through the analog motions to capture my art, there's a fulfillment in me and a feeling like I'm DOING something, CREATING something. I believe it's important to have this in a world inundated with screens, phones, and hard-drives. For me, it creates an awareness of the now. Everything else then fades away.
See more of his work at: