Wang Wei is a 23-year-old Chinese photographer, based-in Beijing. He has been shooting film since 2011 with a SAMSUNG FF 222, a Konica Lexio70, and a Leica Minilux Zoom.
Wang who has just featured on Shooting Film has many reasons to love shooting film and he would like to share his 5 main things in this article.
1. The reality. I like to use film because its results turn out more realistic. Since most of my characters are young, they are usually confident, it doesn't matter if it's good or bad, as long as it is realistic, then it is perfect.
2. The convenience. I usually use a very simple camera, it is easy to carry with, and there is no complex settings, i just focus on the main object.
3. The colour. I do really like the colour from film compare to digital.
4. The unexpectation. I enjoy the unexpected results from film. With a DSLR people can see the result right after shooting and decide whether to keep or delete the photo within seconds.
5. The wait. With film, you have to wait for the end of each roll, also the development time to see the result. Can not delete or edit it.
See more of his work at: