Ben Nguyen is an American wedding photographer, based-in Seattle. He usually incorporates film along with digital in his work. “I love the look of film. The differences are subtle but very lovely.”
Ben is now using a variety of different film cameras: a Contax 645, a Mamiya 645, a Canon EOS 1v, a Canon Canonet G-III QL QL17, and Holga and Diana Cameras. “I shoot a majority of my clients in Seattle but have traveled to handful of exotic locales for destination weddings.” He also have a lot of reasons to keep shooting film but here are 5 main things he would like to share with us.
1. I love how organic the results are.
2. I love how shooting film makes me think about every element of the photo. Light, pose, environment, camera settings, etc. Which slows down my shooting style.
3. I love how I don't have to sit in front of the computer for hours editing an image. It looks great right out of the camera.
4. I love it when someone sees wedding photographer with a film camera. They automatically give you credit for knowing what you are doing. Nowadays anyone can pick up a digital camera and call themselves a professional photographer.
5. I love the dynamic range. You can shoot right in front of bright window and the highlights do not get blown.
See more of his work at: