Alexander who was featured on Shooting Film before loves to shoot urban area with black and white film and his Nikon FM. He has a lot of reasons to keep his passion on shooting film and here are 5 main reasons he would like to share with us.
1. It facilitates discovery, of both self and surroundings. Having limited exposures forces the photographer to understand what elements he/she finds visually captivating. And in doing so, the individual then learns how to view the world through a lens which enables the photographer to see how those elements manifest themselves in everyday life.
2. In an increasingly digital world, the chemical reactions that make film possible provide a comfort of sorts.
3. Film speed, shutter speed, aperture...simplicity at its finest.
4. The aesthetic of film is distinctive.
5. Film is just as much a part of the image as the image itself. Because of its very nature, film must be nurtured. No two people inhabit the same world and so to provide others with a glimpse into our own, we must care for film so that it may serve as our voice.
See more of his work at his photostream on Flickr.