Franck really started shooting in 1999 "after saving money and bought my first camera a Revueflex SLR. Today I have nearly fifteen film cameras but my favorite is undoubtedly the Lubitel 2 because it is lightweight, unobtrusive." He adds.
Franck Gonnaud has just shot with film cameras in most of his photography time and he has a lot of reasons to keep his love for film photography, but here are 5 main reasons that he would like to share with us.
1. Save money. I do not want to invest a lot of money in equipment that will be obsolete in a very short time. The film allows finding very good camera very cheap and varied according to the desires or needs.
2. Learn patience. I can develop until two years after a shoot (as the wallet is full or empty) and it is always a joy to finally see the images. Today, we are all used to having things immediately and forget afterwards. For digital photography this means many gigantic sleeping in the computer, I don’t want this.
3. Do not be afraid to forget. I like the fact that I do not know what will look like the photo. Even better to have forgotten to have taken a picture and rediscover after development.
4. We can not erase. What is photographed remains a materialistic trace. It's also very useful when like me you doing street photography. People do not ask me to delete. I can just promise to respect their choice and not to release. But I still keep pics for me.
5. Finally, because I started with argentine and I love it. I'm not sure I would have loved photography If I had started with digital. Even if I had two digital cameras and I used occasionally.
See more of his work at: