Rhiannon Adams is an American film photographer, based-in Austin, Texas. She started shooting film for 2 years ago and currently uses a Nikon FM2 as her main camera.
Rhiannon who had been featured on our website once would like to share with us her main reasons that make her always love shooting film.
1. It teaches you patience. Shooting film teaches you that, in order to get the results you desire, you have to be willing to let go of the need for instant satisfaction for the much more worthwhile and fulfilling sense of accomplishment of seeing your photos after they've been developed and printed. And that makes it all that much more enjoyable and satisfying when you do get to see the final result.
2. Light looks incredibly beautiful captured on film. One of my favorite things to do is to look for little patches of light and capture how they interact with the room or the people or the surroundings.
3. Film teaches you that your relationships are the most important part of your life. It allows you to connect with new people and to remember the fun times you've had with the people who are most important to you. No matter what happens, that moment that was captured on film will always exist as something that you created with another person.
4. Film allows you to experiment. My favorite thing about shooting film is doing double exposures, I love seeing how scenes look in an altered way and it looks really cool captured on film. I also love using unique films or long exposures to see what kind of effect you get.
5. Shooting has made me more aware of the beauty that surrounds me every day. It doesn't have to be some grandiose thing, it can be the way a tree looks in the sun or the way someone looks at you can sometimes be the most beautiful things in the world if you just take the time to notice and appreciate them.
See more of her work at: