Toby Mason, a 39 year-old English Lomographer, based-in Brighton. He loves working with cross processing, especially multiple exposure Lomography.
Toby who was featured once on shootingfilm over 1 month ago came back today to share with us 5 reasons that make him still love shooting film.
1. I love the excitement that builds when you think you have taken some good shots, as you wait to finish the film and get it developed... Too many things are instant these days, but I like the anticipation!
2. I love the results that I get with film photography - the saturated colours, the grain, the character, the soul. Some people say that you can get similar effects with digital and Photoshop, but then that means you have to spend time in front of a computer, and that's dull. I'd rather be out taking more photographs!
3. I use the Lomo LC-A for most of my photography, and this camera is small and compact, so I don't get a sore back from lugging around big cameras, and I always have it on me, so I never miss an opportunity to shoot.
4. I bought second hand Lomo LC-A cameras, and they were pretty cheap - all of mine have cost less than £100. When you compare that with digital SLR cameras, which can cost thousands, then Lomography is cheap! Sure, you have to buy some film, but if you search around this doesn't cost too much either, and you can just buy it when you can afford it.
5. Shooting film enables me to express my creativity in a way that I have always wanted to do. I love to capture the beauty of the world around us, especially those little things that get taken for granted. Film photography is the only method of doing this that has fulfilled my objectives.
See more of his work at: