Kazuyuki Kawahara is a Japanese film photographer, currently lives in Toyama. He shoots film only by a Hasselblad 500CM camera and his photos are all about his family.
Kazuyuki was featured on our website once few days ago and this time he came back to share his reasons that he has still loved shooting film. "I shoots only my family's members so they are main inspiration that I've still loved shooting film."
1. Proof. What I want to show is their "something existed there".
2. Present. My photos are the best gifts for them and my future.
3. Emotion. I certainly feel excited while I wait for developing my photos.
4. Inheritance. Everyday life of my grandparents through pictures always tell me important things in my life and by them I can also transmit their knowledge and skills to my daughter.
5. Relationship. I believe that my family's film photos will strengthen our relationship in the future.
See more of his work at: www.shootingfilm.net/2014/06/familial-film-photography-by-kazuyuki