Lebogang Tlhako is a 26 year old photographer from South Africa. Her first and only camera is a Canon A1 that she still uses to date. It's her companion and has been with her through the good and bad times. Below are 5 main reasons why she loves shooting film.
1. I bought my second-hand camera at a very reasonable price considering that it was still in good condition, so analog cameras are not costly at all.
2. It's not physically cumbersome.
3. I've had a lot of "accidents" with film and most of them came with amazing results, like light leaking into my camera.
4. No matter how long I have been shooting with film, I never get used to the anticipation, the thrill. Finally seeing the end result is magical.
5. The images are latent. So the subject matter can't physically see the images and therefore wont ask me to delete any images.