Andra loves photographing so much, especially with her film cameras.
And here are 5 reasons why she has still loved shooting film.
1. Graining – I think it gives a carthesian feeling to the photo; everything in the universe is made from grains (well, atoms nowadays); there is no space between objects in reality, it is only us that perceive space as empty because our senses fail at noticing every single particle.
2. Light-leaks – some think they ruin one’s photo, I think it sometimes gives it a ghosty-feeling.
3. Film-scratches – are a beautifully-random reminders of the medium used. Also, they add to the vintage feeling of the photo.
4. Shooting on both-sides – the best idea for awesome colours and surprising double-exposures.
5. Accidental swap with friends’ films – everyone’s got old family photos; it’s funny when you get to see them although you’re not supposed to. It’s even more funny if your own photos make an accidental match with them.
See more of her work at: andramavropol.tumblr.com