Here's a simple and very fun tip to create your own long faces picture by a Lomography community's user kernow_and_cambria:
What you need:
- A camera with a self winding mechanism
- A tripod
- Cable release
- A torch and any other light sources you may have to hand
- Set your chosen camera to B setting, attach cable release and stick it on your tripod.
- Get your lucky participant to stand in front of the camera, shining a torch into their faces, or if your lucky use a third person to do this most important of jobs.
- Fire the shutter and wind wind wind! How you wind the film will vary the outcome of the photo. A slower wind gives a more detailed appearance while a faster wind gives the effect of a fast moving blur.
- To liven things up you can throw in a couple of colour flashes, get the subject to move their head from side to side, get your subject to move towards the camera while you wind.
Below are some of sample images were taken by kernow_and_cambria
(All photos © kernow_and_cambria, via Lomography Magazine)