Cátia Biscaia is a 30 year old photographer based-in Leiria, Portugal. She graduated in Social Communication, and now she's attending a PhD in Art Studies. Her relationship with photography begins in 2008, featuring a work of contemporary landscape and conceptual photography, seeking to invoke a reflection of the “reality” object while soaked in beauty.
We featured her work once, and now she told us 5 main reasons why she's still shooting film.
1. Because of the magic of the waiting.
2. Because of the sound of the camera.
3. Because of something I can touch with my bear hands.
4. Because it made me rediscover the magic of the light.
5. And most of all because I'm required to think much more before taking a picture.
Photos from her series 50mm underground.