- Firstly, remove the back cover from the camera (obviously)
- You also have remove the left side latch and the foam the camera has inside, from both of sides.
- You have to make a little cut in the left bottom part (I did it using some pliers) taking the measure of the 35mm roll.
- In the link I gave you earlier, they use as a base for the 35mm roll something similar to a battery base linked to the camera. It seemed a little bit complicated to me, so, after giving it some thought, I decided to use a black roll case: I made a side incision to be able to remove the film from it and then I fixed it to the camera with instant glue.
The next step is to introduce the rolls: For the base of the first roll (the one on top) I used a little piece of cork that I previously measured and cut, all wrapped in insulating tape.
Another thing I consider important, that they also say in the link, is how to align the two rolls. One mistake I made in my first attempt was not to alternate the sprockets. Well, knowing this, you only need to alternate them and link the roll 1 (top) with the roll 2 (bottom) either with a piece of adhesive tape or with insulating tape. This way, they won´t come loose and you will also be able to fix them to the core which is where it will be rewinded.
The last step is to cover the camera very well with insulating tape. First in the the little red window where we see the number of expositions we made, and then the part where we did the modification, that is to say, the part where we incorporated the roll case in the external part. Although it is safer to add it as well in the back side latches and slots.
The only problem is how to calculate the number of spins of the exposures to use as many frames as possible from the roll, otherwise, is a really easy process! I will leave you now with my little 70mm experience, I will do it again soon but… scanning this format is not that easy to me! Anyways, have fun and give it a try!
Here are some of amazing 70mm format results: