Marine Beccarelli is a 25 year old photographer based-in Paris, France. She used to live in the Alps, Ireland and Spain. Marine loves photography, especially film photography, and here are her five main reasons why:
1. The quality and the grain. Because there's no comparison with digital photography. Something more authentic.
2. The patience and moderation. Shooting film teaches you how to moderate yourself. There's no need to take 100 digital pictures of the same thing, here you have one roll and you take your time to think more before to press down the shutter. Because each picture is important.
3. The excitement. When you go to the lab to give your film and wait until the next day to get your film back and to discover the results.
4. The accidents. My Canon AE-1 sometimes creates light leaks on my pictures. I never know when it will happen and how the results will be, but I'm always surprised and happy with them. Multiple exposures also, and all these things you don't control but are part of the film thing process.
5. The whole chemical thing. Because it's great to be able to develop and print your film yourself.
More of her work can be found on Flickr, Tumblr and Cargo Collective.