Ana Mercedes is a freelance photographer based-in Austin, Texas. Ana shoots mostly film, and below are five reasons why she's still shooting film
1. The whole process of photographing analog, while excruciatingly stressful out of fear of the unknown and leaving its development in the hands of a complete stranger, is exhilarating to say the least.
2. When being handed back your final results, it makes all of that worry and fear disappear.
3. Film is magical, nostalgic, interesting, and so terribly good.
4. I could save myself hundreds of dollars if I just shot digital, but where's the fun in that?
5. I would have to say that above everything else, film feels real. I use both digital and analog, but there's something about digital that feels so empty, and film feels so much more alive.
You can find out more of Ana's work here: